Study Abroad: Tips to enhance your college applications
The entire process of shortlisting foreign universities, selecting a course, and sending college applications can be too complicated and time-consuming, especially if you do not have support and right guidance. It also requires a lot of patience to draft the best Statement of Purpose and essays for college applications. However, you need to give it your best shot.
Here are a few useful tips to enhance your college applications:
- Create An Outline- The toughest part of college applications is to write the first line. It puts us under a lot of pressure. Therefore, the first step to writing your college application is to draft an outline of the essay. It helps to build the flow and ensures that you do not deviate from the topic. Even if you think that you cannot start with the introduction, leave it for later. You can begin with the rest of the essay and come back later to write a compelling introduction. Creating an outline gives a proper structure to the essay.
- Research- This is one of the most crucial yet underrated tips for writing college applications. For essays, you must do a lot of research and come up with fresh ideas. Read as much as you can about the topic and include relevant information in the essay.
- Add Personal Touch To The SOP and Essay- There is no universal guide to writing the best essays or SOP since each person has a different writing style. This is why it is essential that your essay should resemble your thought process, opinions, values, and personality. Essays and SOPs allow the admission officers to get a glimpse of your personality, background and goals. You should not paraphrase or take ideas from somebody else’s essay and rather add your personal touch. It allows the reader to connect and relate with your writing and leaves a positive impression. The SOP should talk clearly about your journey, your ambitions, the reason behind applying to that college, what are your best attributes, your previous experiences, and more.
- Get in Touch With the Alumni- The best way to write splendid college applications is to learn from the mistakes of others and avoid repeating them. You can connect with the college alumni on social media and request them for a few suggestions on how to write your college application. You can learn a lot from the experiences of your alumni.
- Ask Someone Else To Review Your Application- This is the best way to ensure that your college application is up to the mark. After reading your draft several times, you might not be able to spot common errors in your application. It is why you should ask a friend or a mentor to review your application from a fresh perspective. This also helps to point out minute errors and ensures that your application meets the college standards.
- Grammar Check- Correct grammar and syntax is crucial while sending foreign college applications. You should leave no room for errors in your application.nOnce you are done writing your SOP, essay or any other assessment, make sure to run your text through a grammar check. You can download several tools for free grammar and plagiarism checks. Even after using a grammar tool, you should go through the application numerous times and ensure that there are no spelling errors or grammatical mistakes. Edit the content as much as possible and make sure that every word is meaningful. Also, you should avoid using heavy jargon or using vague words. It is best to write in a clear and crisp language without beating around the bush.
- Seek Professional Help- In addition to the above-mentioned tips, you can also seek professional help for drafting SOPs and essays. It is best to consult experts to review your draft SOP and suggest changes. They can help you figure out your strengths and weaknesses, guide you to introspect your journey and write impactful SOP and essays that increase your chances of foreign education.
Lastly, remember to stay calm while writing college applications. In case you are apprehensive about sending your SOPs, essays or personal statements drafts, we can help you. Our study abroad experts will meticulously draft the essays and SOP as per your requirements.