France is the most astounding destination for international studies and pursues your dream course in a cross-cultural atmosphere, architecture, and thriving academic life. Abundantly number of foreign students enrolls themselves in the ample number of course to develop advanced technical skills through highly reputed education system. It allows student to discover their potential as per the recent global market trends with ecstatic beauty, developed modern cities, and social life to evolve efficiently.
Why study in France
All the renowned universities offer specialization courses with the high academic standards. It is the major reason for the international students to learn and evolve through the research-based studies in modern facilities. France is the home of famous inventors, artists, philosophers and writers. It is alluring Indian students along with the international students to boost the academic and talent mobility across the globe. There are multiple benefits to study in France like—
- A plenty of courses available for international students under higher education programs accessible for French speaking or non-French speaking ones.
- One can have an international career by studying from the reputed French universities.
- A budget-friendly tuition fee structure as compared to other European institutions.
- A field of entrepreneurship and innovation is open for all the young talented minds.
- Mutual recognition of academic qualifications between India and France through a signed agreement in 2018.
- France offers a wide variety of international corporate networks like, L’Oreal, Airbus, Orange and many more.
- Wonderful learning opportunities with distinctive international flavor and a pool of exciting specialization courses.
- France has already set a new ground in research, historically and still influencing the modern world with its talented scientific minds.
- In 2019, it was ranked as the 7th richest country in the world that follows a robust economic growth.
- One can transform their career with market-leading giants and renowned industries of France for an excellent sustainable future.
- French language graduates are more in demand across the globe.
France study visa requirements & eligibility criteria
There are two types of visas available depending on the duration of the studies for the students. If an aspirant is willing to pursue their studies from France they need the VLS-TS visa.
- For short-stay or short-term visa—the applicant who wants to stay up to 3 months and needs to attend interviews, short training programs, internships, or appear in entrance exams at an educational institution can apply for it.
- For long-stay visa—one can stay-in France for more than 90 days with the long-stay visa permit. The applicant can apply on the official website if plans to stay from 3-months to 1-year. In order to exceed this duration one must apply for a residence permit in a prefecture.
The documents required are as follows:
- Valid passport
- Cover letter
- Proof of funding
- Proof of accommodation
- Medical insurance
- Flight ticket
The eligibility criteria in a general manner to study in France are:
- Attested copies of mark sheets of grade X, XII and UG (if applicable).
- Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- If gained any work experience attach a letter of recommendation (LOR)from the manager/employer.
- Photocopies of language test proficiency tests reports.
- At least two academic reference letters from professors who have taught you in the last.
- Other extracurricular activities/achievement certificates.
- Copy of passport
- Health insurance
- A couple of passport size photographs.
- Biometrics for Indian students while applying for the student visa.
Study in France cost
Study in France cost with modest terms and quality education is a relatively great opportunity for the non-European or international students. Those who are citizens and permanent residents of EEA countries and Switzerland can study without paying tuition fee (except an in-matriculation charge of around 200 euros per year). The cost may vary from private to public institutions.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS: How to get a Canadian Student Visa
Cost of study in France for Indian students
Cost of study in France for Indian students, however, differs from citizens of France or other PRs. France caters to every vivid personality or enthusiastic mind whether they prefer bustling urban atmosphere, a Mediterranean environment, and much more to support a remarkable lifestyle. Indian students have to pay 3,000 to 4,000 euros per year at public university. Whereas, private university charges up to 20,000 euros annually. Therefore, the cost of study in France is affordable for Indian students, and accommodation prices may vary. In fact, cost of living in France for Indian students is cheaper than other English-speaking nations in the world.
- France also fosters scholarships to Indian students with a mixture of criteria or eligibility for a particular course.
- The country also has a world-wide Alumni network to build a strong and supportive system to the alumni groups and students.
- Being rich in breathtaking scenic, natural and artistic beauty, France also provides excellent employment opportunities.
- The French government scholarship programme in India is called ‘Charpak’ and it aims at supporting existing cooperation between French and Indian institutions of higher education.
Process time for France study visa
The French authorities have digitized the application process to ease the visa procedure for the students. One should apply at least 3 months before their university degree program starts. The student visa application process may take at least 2-3 weeks after the applicant have had their in-person appointment at the VAC. One can begin the Campus France application at any time.
Can I study in France without IELTS?
If the applicant is not the native French speaker, then they may be require to submit an IELTS certificate. The test requirement will be depending on the regulations or policies of the university one is applying in.
Study in France for Indian students:
“We have set a target—it is to have 20,000 Indian students in France by 2025, and we will make it. We want to bring French and Indian youth even closer,” Minister Le Drian said. During the India-France Knowledge Summit a mutual recognition was signed in 2018. This India’s first intergovernmental agreement under this all the certificates and affiliated degree courses will be recognized by the French government. Therefore, to cooperate ahead on the multilateral events and collaborations, the French Embassy and Indian government will be focusing on strengthening the strategic ties between the two countries.
France is the world’s 4th largest destination for international students and provides over 500 French scholarships to Indian students. A French degree contributes a greater role for the 570 French companies in India. It has a dazzling quality of life and excellent education ecosystem with a diverse multicultural prospect and is at the forefront of technological progress in several fields.
Work permit after study
Indian students are allowed to work 20 hours per week while studying in France. The post-study work visa is also available for Indian students. Those who have completed their higher studies or acquired a PG degree in France can apply for a full-time post-study work permit. It allows them to stay and work in the country for a duration of 2-years after the completion of their course.
Fascinating facts about France:
- In France one can marry a dead person.
- The Eiffel Tower was only meant to stand for 20 years.
- France is a country of famous inventors. That a French invertor first developed the camera in cell phones.
- It is Western Europe’s largest country.
- There is a city in France called Y. This city has the shortest name in Europe.
- France produced more than 300 types of cheese.
- French language is the language of Romance and 2nd most widely learned language after English. It is also the 3rd most popular business language in the world.
- Mathematics is the king in French schools.
- Teacher centered education system.
- French lifestyle: Paris is the No.1 student city!
Beyond Immigration provides excellent and global immigration consultation services to its clients. Long-term relationships and strong networks are the prime key of its successful and leading journey.