To get a US visa, you need to book an appointment with the US consulate or the US embassy. The waiting time for these appointments is generally very high. To avoid any further delays in the queue time for the public the US consulates limit the number of times someone can use the visa appointment fee for scheduling or changing appointments.
And this is where the main question arises. Is this time gap specific? Is it actually that long in queue time? How do we even reschedule the appointment and what are the fees for the same?
We’ll talk about all these topics and even more in this article. If you wish to learn more about the US visa application or you want to apply for one, you can contact us at b-imm.com.
The reasons for the rescheduling depend from person to person. But for some reason, if you miss your interview with the US consulate or you miss your biometrics appointment at Visa Application Centre or even both, you can reschedule the interview date and time.
How can you reschedule your interview?
To reschedule a visa appointment. One must follow the following steps:
- Create an account at http://bit.ly/visa-account. If you already have one, move to 2.
- Login to your account.
- On the left side of the dashboard, you will see an option for New Appointment or schedule an appointment.
- Follow the mentioned steps: Immigrant Visa> Continue> Reschedule Immigrant Visa Appointment> Continue.
- Then fill out the details they are asking for very carefully and press Continue.
- Choose a date and time on the calendar and click Schedule the appointment. If no dates are available, please try again after some time.
- Then print the Appointment Confirmation Page.
How many times can I change my US visa appointment?
In India, you can reschedule your visa appointment a total of 5 times. This includes the initial appointment, meaning, you can reschedule your interview a total of 4 times after the initial appointment. The number can vary from person to person. For some, it can even be 2 or 3. The reason for the same is that the US consulates sites do not provide a single number for rescheduling limit but says that you can only do it for limited times.
The non-immigrant visas can only be rescheduled 3 times, failure of attending the 3rd rescheduled appointment will result in a 90 days penalty. Meaning, you can apply for a change/ reschedule after 90 days.
If the US Consulate or Embassy cancels the appointment for whatever reason it may be, they will waive the scheduling chance for the cancellation. This means they will not add up the total rescheduling count.
If you use all your rescheduling tries, your MRV fee receipt through which you scheduled the appointment will be counted nill and you will be asked to pay the fee again for a new appointment.